Published in compliance with Section 4 of the Information Technology Rules 2011
Updated on: 17/01/2018
Welcome to RapidFreez!
• By using our services, you represent that you are not a minor. In the event, we notice a minor accessing our Platform and/or the Services; we may delete his/her information immediately without any prior notice.
• Permission to Collect Your Personal Information:
If you are using our Platform, we may automatically collect some information such as your device name and unique identifier, browser type, operating system details, your geolocation details etcetera. We may need the access to your contacts, gallery, social media apps, calendar, map, and alarm. Further, you can sign in to your account using your social media profiles such as Facebook or Google+. If you log in using any social media platform, we shall collect your name, contact details, friend list and profile photo, depending on the privacy settings of your social media account.
You share your personal information if you join our subscription list, send us a communication, or seek any technical support. In the event, if you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your e-mail id and name. In the event of a technical support, you share your email id and contact details with us. Depending on the nature of the issue, we may request you to provide some additional information such as a print-screen of the issue, your IP address, Internet Service Provider details, and data speed.
Payment details or financial information:
With specific reference to payment details, please note that we do not store your bank details or debit/credit card information. All the payments are processed through third party payment gateways such as PayU, Billdesk, or PayPal. All these third party payment gateways use Secured Socket Layer (SSL) technology to keep your bank and card details away from any unauthorized access and use. The payment gateways may, however, store some information that is necessary to process the refunds, cancellations or chargeback. In the case of refunds and cancellations, the payment is credited back to the bank account or the card through which the payment was made by a user. The payment gateways may store the transaction ids to identify the transactions done by you and process the refunds.
• Permission to Collect Non-Personal Information:
Apart from your personal information, we collect some non-personal information from you. The non-personal information cannot be used to identify you as an individual. Error logs, analytics report, crash reports, activity reports are some of the examples of the non-personal information that we collect from our users. Any information collected from you, excluding the information which can be used to identify you as a living individual, is your non-personal information. These are mainly logs and reports that do not identify you individually. We may also collect some non-personal information through questionnaires or surveys targeted to our users. Our partner companies may also collect the non-personal information from you and share them with us.
• Permission to Use of your Information:
• Services: The personal information, such as your full name, address, contact details, etcetera, is required to manage our Services. Your personal information helps us in managing the delivery of the ordered products. If you place an order, we need to know your name, address and contact details so that we could send the product to your address.
• Registration: Your personal information is used to manage your profile on the Platform. The data provided at the time of registration is referred to as the Registration Data. We also use your Registration Data to authenticate your account. We may send you One Time Password (OTP) on your mobile number of the email address.
• Communication: We use your contact details to correspond with you in connection with your activities on the Platform. We may also send you the details of the best offers or the deals that might interest you.
• Analytics: Your personal and non-personal information is also used to do some back-end calculations like managing traffic on our website, developing updates, managing our user sessions, remembering preferences, developing the solution to the issues encountered by our users, and do an analysis of the logs to form an opinion about the possible updates etc. We may use thirds party tools or analytics software to automatically collect and use certain non-personal data that does not directly enable us to identify you.
• Product development, referral, and marketing: Your personal and non-personal information is used to manage ads, share the commission or referral charges with the third parties. Your reviews and experience shared on the forums can be used to market our services.
• Market research: Your personal and non-personal information can be used to do market research. We may send you some questionnaires or surveys to seek your opinion on the Products and services. We may use the market research reports in developing and improving our Platform and the Services.
• In addition to the foregoing, we can use your information, inter alia, in report generation, analytics, decision making, preparing questionnaires and surveys, internal management and administrative work, improving content, offering discounts, processing cancellation requests, processing refunds, identifying your interests, managing tasks, setting up timelines, autosuggestions, search result generation, lead generation, granting special offers, and promotions etcetera.
• Permission to Disclosure of your information:
• Your personal information is mainly shared with the Vendors, those who sell the products through our Platform and the logistic companies in order to enable them deliver the product to your address. The Vendors also deliver or cause to be delivered the Ordered Products due to which they need to know who the buyer is and where the product has to be delivered. The Vendors may further share your information with the delivery persons for the purpose of delivering the Ordered Product. The information may include your full name, address, and contact details, details of the Ordered Item, quantity, payment status, date of the order, expected delivery time, mode of delivery, and payment mode etcetera.
• Third party service providers such as the payment gateways, surveyors, telecallers, and rating websites, shall also know your information in case we appoint them. Payment gateways need to know the transaction id and card details to process the payment, refunds or chargeback. Telecallers need to know your information such as your contact details to get in touch with you in connection with the issues raised by you. The customer service providers may contact you in connection with any technical issue you might be experiencing. We may also share certain non-personal information with the third party websites or ad agencies from where you were redirected to our Platform.
• Your information may be shared with the auditors, accountants, lawyers or other staffs of RapidFreez in course of the business. The auditors may need to know your information at the time of auditing. The accountants may need to know your information at the time of entering a transaction or finalizing the accounts. Similarly, a lawyer shall have the access to your information in cases of a dispute with RapidFreez.
• We may share your information with our group companies specifically in connection with our Services. Our group companies may further contact you in connection with the services that might interest you.
• Please note that we do not sell or trade upon the personal information of our users. In certain circumstance, we may need to disclose your personal information in response to a writ or subpoena. We may also disclose your personal information to the government, court, police, or other law enforcement agencies if it is required by them in connection with detection of a fraud or criminal activities. The disclosure of your personal information shall be done in good faith that the information requested under this section is reasonably required by the requesting party.
• Data Retention:
We retain the information provided by you for as long as you are registered with us. We shall retain the information for the time necessary to carry out our Services unless a longer period is required. We may also retain your personal information for a longer period of time in the case of disputes of any nature whatsoever until their resolution. The Vendors may retain your information for the purpose of settlement of their accounts and identify the sales made during a specific period of time.
• You Can Request Us To Delete Your Information:
• You may request us to delete your personal information from our server by sending a letter in writing at the address posted on our website. We may request you to provide a self declaration or an affidavit that the purpose of such request is genuine, and it is not being used to conceal the identity to avoid a legal action. Once your personal information is deleted, your registration with us shall stand canceled automatically. We may retain the copy of such requests to meet the legal obligations.
• Once you cancel your registration with us and/or delete your account, your personal information shall be deleted from our server. However, certain information such as the reviews and ratings, and the some of the non-personal information may still be retained by us. You understand and agree that complete removal of your reviews, ratings or forum postings may not be feasible for us.
• RapidFreez uses Google analytics to understand and manage the traffic on the Platform. We may also use third party service providers to run analytics on our Platform as part of our strategic planning to improve its efficiency and user satisfaction. Analytics functions are mainly based on the non-personal information and are basically of analytical nature. However, if so needed, we shall also use your personal information for analytical studies. The analytics forms part of our business analysis, operations, business intelligence, product development, optimization, and marketing.
• Cookies, Beacons, and Tracking:
• Session and Permanent Cookies:
• The session cookies are very important for us to help ensure you use our Platform easily. The session cookies identify you as one user when you browse through different pages of the Platform. If we do not have session cookies, the Platform will recognize you as a new user on each different page you go through. You may also be asked to provide the same information again and again in absence of the session cookies. The session cookies are temporary. They are used to track your activities on our Platform and manage our user sessions. They remember the pages you have visited and allow you an easy navigation. The session cookies are automatically deleted at the time you close your browser.
• The permanent cookies remain in your system for as long as you do not delete them. However, if they reach their expiry date before you delete them manually, they get removed out of your system or the mobile device automatically. They are also called the persistent cookies because they persist in your system for a longer period of time. We use the permanent cookies to remember your information and settings. They can also store your password if you click on the option “remember password”. The permanent cookies also remember your language selection, preferred theme, bookmarks, menu preferences, or favorites. The permanent cookies make the use of the Platform convenient by allowing an easy login when you visit the Platform in future.
• How are the cookies installed?
• Information collected by the cookies:
• Use of the cookies:
We use four types of cookies on our website. They are i) Technical Cookies; ii) Functional Cookies; iii) Analytics Cookies and iv) Commercial Cookies
• Technical Cookies: The technical cookies help us manage our Platform in a better way. Since our Platform contains multiple pages, including the user registration page, we need these functional cookies to establish coordination between these different functions.
• Functional cookies: The functional cookies remember your preferences such as country, language selection, and currency. They also remember your user id and password if you have saved them.
• Analytics Cookies: These cookies are used for our backend calculations and analysis. In order to serve our users best, RapidFreez continuously tries to improve its website, Platform and the services. Using analytics cookies, RapidFreez understands and manages the traffic on its Platform. Further, the analytics reports are used in understanding a technical issue and developing a solution or updates.
• Third party cookies: Third party websites may install cookies on your system or mobile device. You are requested to read their cookie use policy before visiting or availing any of their services. We do not own or control the third party websites, and therefore, we do not control the cookies transferred and the information collected by a third party website. The third party websites such as payment gateways may also install cookies on your system or mobile device.
• What are web beacons?
We use web beacons to understand the traffic pattern on our website. The web beacons are also known as the pixel tags. The pixel tags can be used to identify whether a user has visited us directly or through a hyperlink/advertisement. This helps in improving the user’s experience on the website.
• How to disable or delete the cookies?
• We use third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the internet and sometimes on our Platform. These third parties may include our associate or partner companies and third party ad network service providers. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website, and your interaction with our products and services. The information under this section is collected with the help of the cookies installed on your storage or device. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a “Pixel Tag”, which is industry standard technology used by most of the major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. Such third parties do not know your name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information. These third party websites can also install cookies on your storage or device at the time you click on the advertisement you are interested in. Please note that we do not have control over these third party cookies.
• The third party ad serving agencies collect the non-personal information from your visit and interaction with the website to target ads. These third parties may collect device id, MAC address, hardware type, operating system information, browser information, unique identifiers in browser cookies etcetera. We may also participate in the system where non-personal information collected with the help of cookies is shared with third parties to target ads. These third parties may categorize the information on the basis of various factors.
• Third Party Terms:
• How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
• Where Do We Store Or Process Your Personal Information?
Your information or data is stored by RapidFreez at No. 1189, TH road, Oldwashermenpet, Chennai 600021. With specific reference to the Vendors collecting and storing your personal information, please note that the Vendors store your personal information at the place of their establishment.
• You Can Access and Update Your Information:
You can opt out of certain communications that you receive from RapidFreez. These communications contain an opt-out link. The messages contain a number on which you can call and request an opt-out. You may click on the opt-out link to submit your request. Please note that you may continue to receive the prescheduled communication during the opt-out request processing period. Further, please note that you cannot opt out of the communications that are made in connection with your activities on the Platform such as order placement, modification, cancelation, and payments etc. You may opt out of our Services by canceling your registration or by deleting your account as well. Further, you may also write to us at the email address given below in the case of any difficulty.
• Contact and Dispute Resolution:
Rapidfreez Ecommerce Private Limited
No. 1189, TH road, Oldwashermenpet, Chennai 600021